[Amps] SB220 Question

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] SB220 Question
From: 2@mail.vcnet.com (Richard)
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 13:15:54 -0800
>I am doing some mods from Harbach on the 220 and one of them is the fine
>wire fuse between the HV feed through and the PC board.  Has anyone done
>that and could you use a small amp fuse and fuse holder rather than the
>wire and PC board mod?

?  A fuse will not prevent damage** to the tubes.  A fine wire will not
prevent damage to the tubes because it is essentially a fuse..  A glitch
resistor - that can pass the screwdriver test - will prevent such damage.
 The trouble with fuses is that they do not limit peak fault current.
Glitch resistors do.

** (filament-grid short)

?  ¿ I've heard that Harbaugh Electronics VHF parasitic suppressors don't
get very hot at 29MHz.  Is this true ?

cheers, Tom

www.vcnet.com/measures.
end