[Amps] Re Terminology Question------Thanks to all

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Re Terminology Question------Thanks to all
From: RMead100@aol.com (RMead100@aol.com)
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 08:07:42 EST
WOW!!!!!

Not only did I have no idea that the term B+ originated in battery radios,
but I am surprised that so many other people did.  A radio of that type must
have been extremely expensive back when they were being produced.

I got my general class license in 1963 when I was 14, but don't ever remember
coming across the explanation.  I also can't remember ever seeing a radio
like that with battery supplies.  Maybe I was just not curious enough to ask
someone older where that came from.

Thanks to all who replied to my question.

Randy K8BUX