[Amps] calculations

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] calculations
From: n8de@thepoint.net (Don Havlicek)
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 15:59:51 -0500
Seems to me there is an easier solution:

1.  Connect a SWR analyzer [such as the MFJ-259] across the 50-ohm
terminals of the PI.
2.  Connect a NON-inductive potentiometer across the output terminals of
the PI.
3.  Adjust the SWR analyzer to the frequency of interest.
4.  Vary the potentiometer until the SWR analyzer shows 1:1 match.
5.  Remove and measure the value of the potentiometer.
VOILA
Don N8DE