[Amps] QRO

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] QRO
From: w4th@hotmail.com (Tom Hix)
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 14:53:19 -0600

QRO builds a GREAT AMP.....especially the HF-2500.

I have owned&nbsp;the QRO&nbsp;HF-2500&nbsp; for nearly 4 years now and I have
had&nbsp;ZERO trouble of any kind with this amp. I get 1500 watts out with
about 35 to 40 watts of drive on all bands from 160 through 10 meters. The amp
is quite, dependable, and always ready to go.

One good thing about the HF-2500 since it runs a pair of the 4cx800a tubes, is
that you can get a new pair for from $200 to $350 depending on where you get
them. Other amps that produce the same amount of power as the QRO HF-2500 like
the Alpha 89, or the Commander amps run a pair of 3cx800a7
tubes.....replacement cost on a pair of those tubes will run around $900 to
$1000.

All in all the QRO HF-2500 is the best buy out there for the money in my
opinion, and it wont cost you an arm and a leg to retube it.

73

Tom

&nbsp;

Click Here