[Amps] Fluid dynamics

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Fluid dynamics
From: wb4mnf@atl.org (wb4mnf)
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2002 20:53:13 -0500
Not wishing to solve empirically...

I'm trying to calculate blower requirements for a tube and
wonder if anyone on the list can and would mind explaining,
in general, how to do this.

I know:

the geometry of the heat exchanger.
the manufacturers recommended air volume at STP
the energy to be transfered from the heat exchanger to the air
the ambient temperature and density of the envronmental air

Lets look at the gi6b as an example.

The spec sheet says 40m**3/hour (I am assuming STP)
to meet the 350W anode dissipation.

here are the tube dimensions.
http://www.nd2x.net/gi6b.html
I measured the cross sectional area of the passages
and the 18 triangles add up to 200mm**2

I'm not after the number for this tube, so much as the
general method, and how it works, for this sort of problem...

-bob
wb4mnf