[Amps] 12V 120A Switcihng Power supply?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] 12V 120A Switcihng Power supply?
From: w2ge@arrl.net (Phil Levin W2GE)
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 14:56:36 -0500
I don't think such a beast exists....

-----Original Message-----
From: amps-admin@contesting.com [mailto:amps-admin@contesting.com] On
Behalf Of K2KW@prodigy.net
Sent: Saturday, March 30, 2002 10:00 AM
To: jeff millar; Amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] 12V 120A Switcihng Power supply?

Jeff & all.

Sorry I wasn't more specific on my request.

I want to create a lightweight DXpedition amplifier
package.  I will NOT be using the amp mobile, but
running off of standard 110/220v power.

It's easy to find inexpensive RF decks of 1000w output
using 12v transistors, but they draw a lot of juice.

Since this is going to be a DXpedition package, I am
looking for a single PS that is 12v and 100 to 170
amps.  While ganging together multiple 5v versions
would work, the weight is too much for this project.
I already have a FB amp I take on DXpeditions (Acom
1000) and that weighs 48 lbs.  The goal of my current
project is to put together a KW amp that weighs ~25
lbs inclusive of both the RF deck and power supply.
Since the RF decks usually weigh 8-10 lbs, the PS
needs to be in the 15-18 lb class.

Many thanks, Kenny K2KW

PS  thanks to the moderator for forwarding this
message.  I am not a subscribed member of the amps
reflector.