[Towertalk] Re: [Amps] FW: Virus removal from Norton AntiVirus SupportNo

To: "Kevin Adam" <n9iww2@verizon.net>, <amps@contesting.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Re: [Amps] FW: Virus removal from Norton AntiVirus SupportNow News Bulletin: Apr. 26, 2002
From: Verner Topsøe-Jensen OZ5TG <oz5tg@post2.tele.dk>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 20:21:34 +0200
Be aware that this V.... when transmitting itself to others uses adresses from
the the adressbook, the ICP database and from adresses found in randomly
selected files at the harddisk.

While spreading, it attaches itself as well as a randomly selected file from
your computer, so You never know which of your maybe VERY private files are
distributed to all your friends.

The worst problem with this V.... is that it is able, when activated, to
shutdown your AntiV. program and DELETE it.

You have to be VERY careful when receiving mails even from wellknown people,
friends or family.

I have repaired a friends computer today, I can confirm that the free tool
supplied by Symantec is working OK in finding active Vs, but I had to restore
the AnitV. program from scratch and install it again in order to scan the
drives, and by doing that I found further 6 sleeping Vs.

But it all starts with our own routines dealing with mail with attachements.

Be prepared, use AV-programs and most of all your head.

Best 73 de OZ5TG, Verner