[Amps] Re: 12V 120A Switching Power supply?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Re: 12V 120A Switching Power supply?
From: stevek@jmr.com (Steve Katz)
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2002 15:27:33 -0800
> Uh....  Did not know that!
>
> Curiously, How much does one of these 120 amp switchers cost and are
> they RF quiet?

        ::Like most modern switch mode power supplies in the 500W+ class,
they run about a dollar per Watt.  I would say they are _very_ RF quiet,
since their primary applications are powering large telecommunications
systems which need to meet not only FCC Part 15 Class (B) but also Part 68
and a variety of other certification requirements.  We use 'em all the time.

        73 de Steve, WB2WIK/6