[Amps] gs35b and gu78b stray C to chassis

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] gs35b and gu78b stray C to chassis
From: g8gsq@qsl.net (Steve Thompson)
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 14:56:01 +0000
On Tuesday 09 April 2002 12:28, Conrad G0RUZ wrote:
> Has anyone actually measured the strays to the chassis for the GS35B and
> the GU78b? A GU84B would make a good approximation for the GU78b if anyone
> has measured it.
Just tried a GS35b sitting on a plate of metal with a suitable hole in it. I
propped a couple of pieces vertically a couple of inches away to look like
box walls. Using a network analyser at 10MHz, it says about 18pF. As a check,
the same probe arrangement measures a 22pF chip cap at 23pF.

My own rule of thumb is to double the datasheet Cag.

Steve