[Amps] Henry 2kd Classic Transformer!?!?!

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Henry 2kd Classic Transformer!?!?!
From: afroggy@adelphia.net (Mark Stappenbeck)
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 15:22:29 -0600
I pulled a recent aquisition apart (Henry 2kd Classic) because my
line current here is 244 volts. Reading the manual I received with it
it seemed it was going to be a simple task to change some of the taps
and make the amp happy with the voltage. Unfortunately, it appears I
(perhaps) have a newer schematic than I have hardware. The manual and
schematic refers to an ECA 1120A HV transformer and the amp has an
ECA 1120 which has far fewer taps than the schematic indicates.

My power supply schematic is dated 11-28-88 and I have a feeling this
unit may have had either, modifications performed or the 2kd classic
had a different transformer earlier on in its production life. Does
anyone have an earlier schematic that might cover the proper taps for
integrating this with a 240 volt range main?

Oh yes, the serial number is 54-1XX. Why am I defacing the last two
numerals to you folks? Maybe I should figure that out as well.

-- Mark Stappenbeck, n0pwz@amsat.org on 04/13/2002

"That which does not kill me only serves to make me more annoyed
and ill-tempered"