[Amps] RF ground

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] RF ground
From: rblain@iafrica.com (Roger Blain)
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 23:15:03 +0200
List,
Here is another perspective on grounding, used from large PABX (Telephone)
systems where grounding must be uniform across multiple cabinets, even under
a lightning induced impulse situation. One trick was to make sure each
ground lead from the star earth point was exactly the same length, to make
sure that any impulse traveling along the ground system got to each cabinet
more or less at the same time, ensuring that all equipment was more or less
at the same potential.

Nowdays the equipment fits inside far less cabinets, and interconnects are
fibre optic.

Roger