[Amps] Recommendation?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Recommendation?
From: stevek@jmr.com (Steve Katz)
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 07:52:02 -0700
The only comment I can make about the RFE products is that they are for sale
"outside the U.S. only," and are clearly indicated for "export only," as
they are not FCC Certificated, they are not on the list of Certificated
equipment, they violate CFR47 Part 97 wording with respect to frequency
range, drive required and RF sensed keying, and may not meet Part 97
emissions standards with regard to harmonic and spurious signals.

They were selling on the open market to U.S. hams, and the FCC cited them
for this several months ago, it was all written up in the Federal Register,
so it appears they have re-emerged as a "for export only" company per their
website.

73,

Steve WB2WIK/6

"Each success only buys an admission ticket to a more difficult problem." --
Henry Kissinger