[Amps] Hi pot tester

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Hi pot tester
From: g0ruz@btinternet.com (Conrad G0RUZ)
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 19:44:08 +0100
I have been borrowing a high pot tester from a friend for a long time and he
wants it back!

I have come across the Emco website (thanks Rich) and there is a large range
of modules that appear to be suitable for generating the potentials needed.
I would like 12kV at 50uA and wondered if anyone has used these modules in a
tested proven design.

The E121 looks suitable but it can produce 160uA which is a little higher
than I need, is this a problem?

Emco also do a 1000:1 resistive divider V1G with good accuracy which is
useful for those of us with multimeters who need to measure HT supplies.

Conrad G0RUZ