[Amps] Taylor tubes

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Taylor tubes
From: 2@mail.vcnet.com (Richard)
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 13:25:39 -0700
>         I don't know about the prison labor. Maybe you have inside
>information.

?  This is what a U. S. tube dealer told me.  He said that one of the
several tube plants is better than the others, but you can't tell from
the markings which plant made the tube.

>Your shirts are possibly made by prison labor even though they may have
>designer or major brand names on the label.

?  Agreed

>         But the tubes are good ones and I have no complaints about quality
>as I have
>had with Triton,

?  I have heard about weak spotwelds in Triton tubes.  Eimac had the same
problem with tubes made in Utah, but not those made in San Bruno,
California..

>Penta and CTL glass envelop tubes. And I still maintain
>that graphite Plates are no
>more gassy than metal plates.

?  Do you have a high-pot tester?

cheers, Bill