[Amps] Svetlana 572 or 811

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Svetlana 572 or 811
From: jtml@lanl.gov (John T. M. Lyles)
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 08:23:25 -0600
According to the datasheets I have from Svetlana, 572B (8/97) is not
the same animal than 811A (3/97). Curves are definitely different.
572 is rated 160 watt dissipation in class B linear RF service, with
graphite plate. 811A is rated 60 W in similar service. Svetlana did
also make a series of 572-xx triodes for audio, all of which were
rated for lower dissipation. These had different curves again.

I would hesitate to say that the 572 and 811A are the same duck,
unless something has changed since the 1997 datasheets were issued.

John
K5PRO

To: <amps@contesting.com>