[Amps] triband/warc interaction: G3JVC

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] triband/warc interaction: G3JVC
From: jljarvis@adelphia.net (jljarvis)
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 08:09:28 -0400
G3JVC....what VK6APK, Alek, said is quite right.  Placing 'em on
the same boom will bring the interactions under control.  There
will still be some mutual coupling and detuning that takes place,
but that's more controllable than the spaced situation.

That said, however, I've put a 20,15,10 about ten feet above a
17, 12 meter yagi, and had them both work.  They took power, and
appeared to have a front to back ratio.  Were their patterns
degraded by the proximity of the other?  Undoubtedly, to some
degree.  My last solution was to move to a Log Periodic, with
which I've been quite pleased.

Mine seems to be a minority opinion, however.  Asking your question
again on towertalk@contesting.com might yield both opinion and
information.  Perhaps even illumination.

Regards,
Jim Jarvis, n2ea
Essex Vermont