[Amps] 8877 Max Grid Current

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] 8877 Max Grid Current
From: vk3hz@wia.org.au (David Smith)
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 15:19:55 +1000
Rich,

My data sheet shows 25 watts which works out to be a grid current of around
380mA.  This seems too high.  I fear that it may not be that simple (mixing
AC and DC characteristics) although my tube theory is fluffy at the best of
times.

Popular opinion from all who have responded to me (and thanks to you all) is
a maximum of between 80 and 100mA.

Regards,
David Smith
VK3HZ