[Amps] ETO Model 70 Amplifier

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] ETO Model 70 Amplifier
From: w9ac@arrl.net (Paul Christensen)
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 15:49:09 -0400
> If it still has a vapor phase tube in it there are no spares
> anywhere--so you will need to convert it to something
> else if you have a failure.

Actually, the only part not still available and in production on the 70V is the
power tube (although not a trivial matter!).
However, if you are fortunate to find a 70V with a good tube and a good spare,
you can expect quite a bit of life from the amp.
Econco will attempt a rebuild of the 3CV1500A7, but there's only a 50% success
rate to the tube's fragility.

I have been successful in finding all the OEM components for the 70V cooling
system.  New Teflon and Polypropylene tubing is
available from New Age Industries, and the original polypropylene JACO
connectors are available from various hardware supply stores.
The meter assemblies, front panel switches and all other R.F. cabinet and power
supply components are still in production and
readily available.  Even the knobs are available from Cosmo Industries
(previously Kurz-Kasch), although a hefty set-up fee is
involved.

-Paul, W9AC