[Amps] RF choke selection

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] RF choke selection
From: philk5pc@tyler.net (Phil Clements)
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2002 11:46:00 -0500
Hi Chris,
Knowing the inductances will help greatly sans
your capability to measure in-circuit resonances.
Since the original coverage was 2-30 mhz. you
can safely assume that the whole choke will work
for you on 160-80-40 meters. The value to select
for the portion remaining in the circuit after the relay
switches should have enough L to cover 30-10 meters
with the resonances parked above 30 mhz. I would
think c. 40 uh would accomplish this requirement.

Keep us posted on your measurements.

(((73)))
Phil, K5PC

Clements Communications and Fire Equipment
410 VZ CR 4903
Ben Wheeler, TX 75754
(903)852-5211