[Amps] Personal insults.

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Personal insults.
From: davek@medphys.ucl.ac.uk (Dr. David Kirkby)
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2002 14:35:11 +0100
Is it really necessary for so many people to make such a large number of
personal insults about other subscribers on this reflector ?

I used to subscribe to 'amps' many years ago, then unsubscribed since
the signal to noise ratio (to put in engineering terms) was so low. A
month or two ago I thought I had something of interest here (my post on
low-noise HV PSUs) so subscribed again, to make that post. Now I see
things have not changed in the 3 or so years since I had not subscribed.

If someone chooses to have an unreasonable dig at me on a newsgroup or
reflector, I ignore it. If everyone did that, rather than keep insulting
one another, the reflector could be a lot more useful. It would no doubt
have more subscribers, since fewer would leave for the same reasons I
left and will probably do so again.

--
Dr. David Kirkby,
Senior Research Fellow,