[Amps] Ameritron (Poor Tech service)

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Ameritron (Poor Tech service)
From: kb4tcu@accessatc.net (kb4tcu)
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 20:58:23 -0400
 My ameritron al-80 has failed a week or so ago. It took out the meter =
resistors .6 and 1.5 ohm. I called monday about getting
some parts. The guy that I got was named Willie . I told him that I had =
no schematic. Even though i have asked for one for months on the Free =
Manual Service that ameritron offers. never did get the manual.=20
As I described my problem repeatedly to willie the Tech. I stated to =
Willie "Do u understand there are only two three watt resistors on the =
meter board." I said " I think they are .6 and 1.5 ohm. I need those Two =
resistors. I asked " willie are you looking at the schematic. He says =
yes ." I asked "What are the values, "Well=20
willie said I don't have It in front of me." So I said" never.the-less
send me a 1.5 ohm 3watt and If you can find this schematic that you have =
memorized send my the only other 3 watt resistor on the board. And If =
you dont locate the schematic send me a .6ohm 3 watt regardless
If I irritated this guy calling needing parts for thier product. He =
should have told me he was eating lunch and did not have time for my =
service question. What do u think I received 3 days later? No! I got 2 =
51ohm resistors. I dont even think there is a 51 ohm resistor in a =
al80a. A 16y/o order-taker at mouser could have got that right.

Ameritron Has crappy service. Period! I will never buy a Ameritron =
product again. Or Mfj for that fact.

Kb4tcu

multipart/alternative
  text/html