[Amps] (no subject)

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] (no subject)
From: Wlfuqu00@uky.edu (wlfuqu00@uky.edu)
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 09:01:32 -0400
         Apparently Alex has read something about STM. Scanning Tunneling
Microscopy.  There is a way that the probe ( which if made properly comes
to a point of just a few atoms) can be used to  up an atom or molecule and
placing it in a particular location on a surface.  By doing so you could
make a perfectly flat surface but it would only be a very small area and
would be extremely costly.  Scanning Tunneling Microscopes are expensive
and complex devices and would be wasted on such efforts.
We have several here and some have been designed and built here at the
University of Kentucky's  Department of Physics and Astronomy. Or local
expert is Kwok-Wai Ng.
         If you have extremely flat surfaces of some materials and no
contamination or oxidation they may bond when they come in contact with
each other.
This is nothing new but has nothing to do with building amplifiers.

73
Bill wa4lav