Heater volts, was RE: [Amps] Which 3-500Z

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Heater volts, was RE: [Amps] Which 3-500Z
From: 2@vc.net (2)
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 05:44:54 -0700
>Hi Rich,
>
>No it's 50Hz.

100V-200V/50Hz motors and transformers run ok as is on 120V-240V/60Hz and
vice-versa.  However,  234V/50Hz units would require a special design in
order to be interchangeable with 240V/60Hz.
-   I  like the Swedish standard of 380v/240v 3-phase.  With 380v,
3-phase, large amplifiers would not require heavy Cu mains and mother
filter caps.  Automobiles are changing to 42VDC as I write this.  Some
European diesel cars are already doing so.  BMW will switch to 42v in
'06.  When VW switched from 6v to 12v in the 1960s, they almost went to
28V because it was better.  On the space station, 170VDC is used.