[Amps] B&W 851

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] B&W 851
From: philk5pc@tyler.net (Phil Clements)
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 20:32:14 -0500
> >What is the SSB "wattage" rating for a B&W  851 PI/bandswitch?
> >Does any one have a spec sheet for one of these they can email?
> >If not what was the impedance it was designed for, and the values of the
> >taps?
> >As always I know I can count on you guys for the answers.

Hi Dick, and other interested Ampers,
The B&W 851 is rated for 500 watts peak SSB and CW. If you look at
the puny coils in many modern amps that profess to be 1500 watts,
you will see that the 851 rating is conservative to say the least. Total
L is 14.2 uh. The suggested SSB and CW application is for 2000 volts
@ 250 ma.

I have the spec. sheet, if you still need one.

(((73)))
Phil, K5PC