[Amps] Bird thrulines

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Bird thrulines
From: mike.tubby@thorcom.co.uk (Michael J. Tubby B.Sc. (Hons) G8TIC)
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 09:24:36 +0100
I thought that the standard Bird 43 meter was 30uA at 1350 ohms, but
anyway... surely the problem you have Conrad is easily fixed with a
couple of external resistors... LZ2US's meter is too sensitive which means
that you can use a bit of ohm's law and a combination of shunt and
multiplier to acheive a meter that reads 30uA at 1350/1400ohms and
then just use it with the 2500C element... no need to adjust anything...

Better still you could pop down to M&B radio and buy him a Bird
43 meter for about £80 as a Christmas present ;-)

Mike G8TIC