[Amps] Legal Limit Amps using 4CX250B tubes

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Legal Limit Amps using 4CX250B tubes
From: 2@vc.net (2)
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 08:39:01 -0700
The FCC power limit on amateur stations is typically enforced in
instances where interference is an ongoing problem.  I know of two
instances where more than 1650W pep (the cutoff) was measured by the FCC
and the licensee was not cited because he was not found to be at fault
for the interference.  The last guy I know of to be cited was in Texas.
He was causing interference to a FCC inspector's home entertainment with
a 8281/4cx15,000A amplifier.  [22kW measured].  This is about half
throttle.  The problem was that the turkey ran the 8281 nightly on 75m
whether he needed it or not.  What was he thinking?