[Amps] X-ray dangers from amplifiers?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] X-ray dangers from amplifiers?
From: k7fm@teleport.com (COLIN LAMB)
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 6:34:31 -0700
I think any normal film can be used for x-ray detection.  Just cut off a
piece of film and put it in a light proof envelope (black).  Even a small
envelope is fine.  Attach to your shirt.  For a good standard, take a
second piece from the same film stock and put inside a lead envelope.  Then
process normally and use a densitometer to read the variation in density.
For this purpose a home made densitometer can be made using a cds cell and
a digital voltmeter.  Put the film over the cds cell under a known light
and compare the two films.  If the density is not the same, you have been
zapped.

Try it sometime when going through an airport security system.

73,  Colin  K7FM