[Amps] Heathkit SB-220/221 HV Transformer

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Heathkit SB-220/221 HV Transformer
From: gmguerin at voyager.net (George & Marijke Guerin)
Date: Sat Aug 2 17:17:52 2003
Jim, et. al.

A Heathkit amplifier Power Supply is a voltage doubler.  The winding is
rated for 1170 VAC at 1 amp CCS with 234 VAC on the primary windings.  Using
a voltage doubler, it gives about 3250 VDC with no load, dropping to about
2800 VDC at a peak of about 700 ma full load.  I would look further for
something to power a 4-1000A.
73,    George    K8GG