[Amps] FEDERAL TELEPHONE FT-102

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] FEDERAL TELEPHONE FT-102
From: w5sqe at iname.com (James Tolar)
Date: Thu Aug 7 06:45:06 2003
I just aquired a Federal Telephone & Radio Corporation FT-102 transmitter,
which was used, as the HF CW transmitter, in LSTs during WWII. The other
designation is Mackay 167-BY. This unit was written up in the Nov 1994, Issue
#67, Electric Radio magazine, by Dale Gagnon, KW1I. I have the original
instruction book, has the serial number of the unit.

Unfortunately someone removed the nameplate from the front of the unit. I would
very much appreciate a scanned, or digital photo, of the nameplate, so I can
reproduce it.

I know there are a few of these units in operation, and would like to hear from
those that have them. I plan to plate modulate this CW only transmitter, so
would like to learn of any potential problems that others may have experienced
doing the same.

Jim Tolar    W5SQE
jim.tolar@fluor.com
http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup