[Amps] Input Impedance of the 3CX1200A7 Tube

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Input Impedance of the 3CX1200A7 Tube
From: zborg at comcast.net (Paul Marbourg)
Date: Thu Aug 14 08:26:42 2003
Hi there.  I am using 3CX1200A7 tube in homebrew grounded grid service.  I
have a vacuum relay switched multiple-tapped secondary plate transformer
with 3000, 3500, and 4000 VDC at full load.  Theoretical calculations show a
PEAK impedance of about 94 ohms at the cathode when operating with a anode
voltage of 4000 VDC nominal.  However, calculating the average cathode input
impedance with the three given plate voltages has me at a bit of a loss.  I
am re-doing my Pi input network and need to ballpark the Rc to work
reasonably well on all three plate voltages with a chosen network Q of 4.  I
am aware of the published average cathode input Rc of 60 ohms for a plate
voltage of around 3500 VDC nominal.  Is there a MatLab bit of software
available to run out the integral for average cathode impedances with
different plate voltages?

Any insight/help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

73, Paul WN7T