[Amps] How to check a 3CX1200A7

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] How to check a 3CX1200A7
From: aa7bg@3rivers.net (Matt & Carrie Trott)
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 15:43:52 -0600

I'm not getting any idling current on my Henry 3K Premier. Continuity checks
okay from the high voltage connector to the tube. I can hear the relay
clicking when I key the amp, but no idling current. I show 8VAC on on the
cathode which is correct. As I try to figure out what is wrong, can anyone
tell me how to check the pins on the 3CX1200? What should show short and
what should show open in a normal tube??

Looking from the bottom, the pins are:

                1       2

        3            4          5

                     6

Other areas to look?

Thanks a lot.

Another appliance operator,

Matt--K7BG

P.S. I thought I already sent this message but I never saw it show up. Sorry
if this dupes.

---