[Amps] Solid State

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Solid State
From: n8de@thepoint.net (Don Havlicek)
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 07:09:39 -0500
Those "CB-type" amplifiers are NOTORIOUS for being very NON-linear, very
dirty with high IMD, and very high harmonic content.
Why not use it for a boat anchor, doorstop, or paperweight and get a
REAL amplifier, designed for the ham bands, and ON the FCC's list of
'certificated amplifiers'???????

See:

http://ftp.fcc.gov/Bureaus/Engineering_Technology/Databases/eadf.dat/eadprog/Transmitter.db

Don