[Amps] SB-221 input network should have read SB-201/SB-200 input network

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] SB-221 input network should have read SB-201/SB-200 input network....etc
From: k7ddmjb@qwest.net (Mike Baker)
Date: Sat, 2 Nov 2002 09:17:32 -0700
Guess I should have waited until morning to type my request.  Didn't
remember what I was working on this time! ;>)
    To help reduce the confusion of my original post here is a bit of
clarification.

    The alleged input impedance of 200 ohms was what someone told me the it
was for the tubes, not the amp itself.
    I didn't remove the ferrite core from the coil, I removed the ferrite
core and windings from the housing it was in. (PVC pipe with a SO-239
connector on one end and two hook eyes on the other.)
    I used a capacitor tester to measure the values of the caps before I
installed the new ones and checked the value of the originals.
    The reason I am looking for a new coil is that when I removed the filter
unit from the SB-201 the input network that was in place didn't work
anymore.  I wanted to make it a bit higher Q than the original so it would
match up to solid state exciters better so I took a look at the coil sets in
the SB-200 to see what the differences were.  All the coil numbers were the
same except the 40 meter coil.  I don't know what the differences are
between them as I do not have the coil out of a SB-200 to make a comparison
with.
 DOES ANYONE HAVE THE ACTUAL WIRE SIZE AND NUMBER OF TURNS USED ON THE
SB-200 40METER INPUT COIL!!!
I'll SEND THE FIRST GUY WHO TAKES THE COVER OFF HIS AMP AND COUNTS THE TURNS
AND MEASURES THE WIRE SIZE $10 FOR HIS EFFORTS!  I HATE REINVENTING THE
WHEEL!  ;>)
    I can see right now the thing I need to add to the shack test gear is an
LRC meter!!
If I had one now I would take each of the coils out and measure the actual
value of the inductors and their tuning range.  It would be useful info to
know for future efforts.

Sorry for the long windedness.  I should have been a novelist......  ;>)

Best 73

Mike Baker  K7DD
k7ddmjb@qwest.net