[Amps] mystery amp

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] mystery amp
From: ni4l@charter.net (NI4L)
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2002 15:10:11 -0500
Yes i agree  It does sound like the Harris RF 103..... I picked up one
of these. Boy was it a nice amp had a bit of trouble from the dow key
relays but once i cleaned them it worked perfect. Still wish i had that
amp!!!!!!!!
Chris

KL7RA wrote:

>Yo John
>
>Sounds like the RF-103
>
>It has several boards mounted on the inside of that door you
>opened that have white plastic covered relays. Bottom left
>front has several fuse holders and circuit breakers. The
>little door that opens allows you to adjust the auto-tune
>circuits which are little wire springs the move up and down.
>
>Heavy, runs great on 80, massive TVI on 20 meters.
>
>73 Rich KL7RA
>

>>There is a mystery amplifier which I am considering acquiring, for
>>the parts. It is about the size of an apartment sized refrigerator,
>>say, 3 feet tall. On wheels. Open the front door and there are two
>>meters. Also a set of preset buttons for channels. no tuning or
>>3-1000Z with chimney, HV power supply (epoxyed transformer), ribbon
>>wound coil with taps going to motor operated ceramic switch, and lots
>>of doorknob caps of various values. There  is a small door opening
>>into the circuitry where the preset memories are set up. This unit is
>>crammed with stuff, and quite nasty to work on due to the lack of
>>room. But some good parts seem to be there.
>>
>>There is no nameplate or anything resembling a companies logo or part
>>number. Anyone recognize this thing? I believe it is good for a kW
>>SSB, as the metering on it shows go/nogo ranges with red and green
>>bands, and the HV green band is roughly 2500-3500 V.
>>
>>73
>>K5PRO
>>--

NI4L CUSTOM RESONANT DIPOLE
LEGAL LIMIT ++ CUSTOM MADE CENTER FED DIPOLE
Made with the same components used by our military forces today
Custom made to YOUR FREQUENCY of operation
Let me take the hassle out of making a RESONANT DIPOLE for you.
Click here for more info...  http://www.angelfire.com/nb/ni4l/

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---