[Amps] pandoras parasites

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] pandoras parasites
From: k7rdx@earthlink.net (k7rdx)
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 06:45:48 -0800
I built around a single gs-35b and so far all I see is a very stable tube.It
takes a bit more drive than a 8877 on hf but seems to be very durable.
I did take the time to condition the tube and have not yet had any
flash-over during operation. I`m in the process now of adding a second tube
to this deck.
I use anti-parasitic devices in all my amps,In my 4-1000`s (2 tubes)
supression in the cathode side works better (My own opinion) especially at
the higher pl. voltages. I really believe supressors to be cheap insurance
for any hf design.
73,Jim.