[Amps] 4-400A Plate

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] 4-400A Plate
From: wmoorejr@cox.net (Steve M)
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2002 08:32:19 -0600
I did this same experiment some time back in my Amp Supply LK 500zc. Did it
with a 4-250 and 4-400. That amp had 3100 volts idling and I believe a bias
zener--don't know the value.
      Amp keyed with no drive- plate current was 40-50 ma. I don't remember
plate current with 100 watts drive but output on these pulls was 750-800
watts. Yep, they got real red, but both worked fine for ssb ragchewing.
      The pair of 3-500z got red all the time in ssb too but it never hurt
them.

73,
Steve  wd0ct