[Amps] Re: 8877 dissp

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Re: 8877 dissp
From: mike.tubby@thorcom.co.uk (Michael J. Tubby B.Sc. (Hons) G8TIC)
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 16:49:26 -0000
> Right!. However, I feel that the term PLATE DISSIPATION is somewhat
> missleading as
> it refers only to the caloric content of the entire work. As we all know,
> the Plate is used
> to deliver the RF energy also, which is not accounted in the term!
> I guess a more descriptive wording will be PLATE WASTED CALORIC
DISSIPATION
> :)

Not so. Plate Dissipation is quite correct since the rest of the power
goes into Antenna/Load Dissipation, thus:

    Pin = Plate Dissipation + Load Dissipation

(assuming we ignore other trivial things like any power used to generate
xrays,
circulating currents in the walls of the enclosure, light, ionisation, and
even sound).

Mike G8TIC