[Amps] Help with tube identification

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Help with tube identification
From: Jim's EBAY Account" <jimhomer@email.com (Jim's EBAY Account)
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 22:32:39 -0800
I recently purchased a very nice pair of tubes complete with sockets,
chimneys, and anode clamps at
a ham swap meet in the L.A. area.  The condition of all pieces is excellent.
The seller tells me the tubes
and associated parts are removed from new equipment, and I wouldn't be
surprised.  The anode fins are absolutely clean and there is no sign of
tarnish.

I am having a bit of a challenge identifying the tubes, however.  I was told
they are 4cx250b equivalents.
However, I would like to hear this from another source!  I have learned long
ago to always confirm before building!

The tubes are labeled on the anode in red paint as follows:  IFI  M400  9026

The anode has the name EIMAC stamped into the metal, but no paint labeling.
There is the following number stamped into the anode metal also:  FFBB3295-F

The tubes take a standard SK-600A socket and have new JOHNSON ceramic
chimneys model 124-0111-001.

Again, they look exactly like 4CX250A tubes but I was unable to find any
correlation on the EIMAC site or elsewhere on the web.

Does anyone have any reference materials that might assist me in firmly
identifying these two tubes and their specs?

Thanks in advance.

Jim Homer W6JNG