[Amps] AL-572

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] AL-572
From: MorgusMagnificen@aol.com (MorgusMagnificen@aol.com)
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 20:14:38 EST
Your comments about the 572 do not seem correct. What is the basis for your
belief that they are inferior at 30MHZ?

I have used 4 572's in my amplifier for several years, using virtually all
known species, including the overrated and overpriced SV572. I have no
problem getting full KW out on all bands - except when the line voltage gets
low out here in the country. With only 95 VAC coming in, even if I had one of
those tetrodes with handles  I am reduced to a Mississippi kilowatt (I better
get running - I can hear them coming down the street now!)

Eric von Valtier K8LV

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---