[Amps] Chassis Cleaning

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Chassis Cleaning
From: bmaser@tampabay.rr.com (Bob Maser)
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 15:01:56 -0500
I just received a chassis from a 2000D RF deck complete with socket and
chimney for my 3CX3000A7 project.  I would like to use the chassis but it is
corroded from its past environment.  Anyone have any ideas on what I could
use to clean it up? I have no idea as to what environment it was exposed to.
The chassis has an alodine coating on it (that  gold color stuff) and most
of the corrosion has pitted the surface.  I don't want to make it look like
new but just presentable. Lots of good stuff under the chassis.

Thanks, Bob  W6TR