[Amps] Recommended Method to Install Transmitting Tubes

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Recommended Method to Install Transmitting Tubes
From: w6te at pacbell.net (Dave Smith)
Date: Sat Jan 25 14:54:33 2003
Friends,

What is the recommended method to pre-condition a
"USED" pair of 3CX800A7's. These tubes have been out
of service for a couple of years and I need to replace
a pair of flat 3CX800A7's in my Lunar-Link, 2 mater,
PA. Is is recommended to leave filament voltage on for
several hours before applying HV? Is it recommended to
leave HV turned on before applying drive power?

I've looked through EIMAC's "Care and Feeding of Power
Grid Tubes" but can not find any reference to
pre-conditioning tubes for use.

Thanks for your input.

Dave / W6TE