[Amps] Please Offer Your Review of The National RF Grid DipMeter.

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Please Offer Your Review of The National RF Grid DipMeter.
From: carlseye at tampabay.rr.com (carl seyersdahl)
Date: Mon Feb 3 18:09:52 2003
There are a number of good gdo's out there, but I have never found one
better than what uncle Sam had some years back and which I have a good one.
Most of the commercial units I've seen are somewhat unstable and prone to
total suckout on some ckts. the "surplus " govt unit is very stable and very
strong. Also very accurate. It's name ?? AN/PRM/10. It is intended only for
bench work , it's too big to haul up the tower, and is ac operated. I bought
one several years ago at Dayton hamfest for 40.00 (on sunday morning). The
guy wanted 100.00 on saturday morning, but there just aren't many people
left who know the value of these instruments, so on sunday he hadn't sold
any and I got mine for 40.00.. if you see one for less than 100.00 grab it.
I intend to try and find another one for spare parts, if I ever need them.
!!!!! As for the National gdo, I don't know how good or bad it may be. I'm
just telling you what little I know about gdo's from past experience !!!
Have a good day !!!!
  carl / kz5ca