[Amps] amp rf chokes

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] amp rf chokes
From: carlseye at tampabay.rr.com (carl seyersdahl)
Date: Fri Feb 7 07:40:36 2003
In searching for some answers to problems of low rf output on 10 mtrs. I ran
some tests on the plate choke and here's what I found. With ends shorted I
found a deep dip at 20.8 mc.- -34.00 ---and 25 5 mcs.
   With the ends open I found deep dips at 20.5 and 27.00 mcs. My handbooks
all say to short the ends for these tests but say nothing about the results
with the ends open. what I need to refresh my feeble brain is whether any of
these findings could result in low power on 15 and 10 mtrs.The 6% of freq.
that I often hear seems to say "not to worry", but does anyone have any
comments on my findings ???
  carl / kz5ca