[Amps] cavity temperature

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] cavity temperature
From: kb4l at bellsouth.net (Dan Fitch)
Date: Sun Feb 9 11:32:53 2003
David,

We used to use a product we called Templaq or Templac in the military.  I
did a quick Google search and found the following pdf file - it has three
manufacturers of temperature sensing paint listed in the body of the
document:

http://www.hill.af.mil/scsweb/pdl/pubs/li210102.pdf

I hope this helps.  You should be able to determine your maximum device
temperature, which should put your mind at ease.  Another, major exotic,
method would be to put an infrared sensor (el-cheapo radio shack IR
transistor) into a hole in the wall of the cavity (pointed at the anode) and
meter it.  Lots of cut and try involved; however, you would be able to
monitor temperature during use.

73' de Dan/KB4L