[Amps] Interesting Tech Info from W8JI

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Interesting Tech Info from W8JI
From: 2 at vc.net (2)
Date: Mon Feb 24 01:52:29 2003

>Mr. Rauch's article says that your VHF suppressors work the opposite of
>what they're designed to do.

**  Indeed.  According to Mr. Rauch, the RF resistance of Ni-Cr alloy
decreases as frequency decreases.  As you know, the RF resistance of Cu,
Ag, Au, Al, and the like increases as frequency increases, so it's
puzzling how his assertion could be true.  I have attempteed to get Mr.
Rauch to explain this unique phenomenon to us since 1996, but so far he
has not.  Maybe the science is just too deep for us non-"experts" to
grasp?

>Well, I say, if it ain't broke don't fix
>it.  I'll take another 2 3-500Z tubes kit please.

Hows about a parts-only kit for 2, 3-500Zs, since you probably have the
other stuff left over from previous installations ?  A parts kit costs $9
less than the complete suppressor retrofit kit.

>Whatever they're
>doing,

All they do to the anode-resonance is lower its VHF-Q.  The tradeoffs are
c. 2% less power on the 28MHz band and less surprises.

cheers, Phil