[Amps] HV Filter Caps Source

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] HV Filter Caps Source
From: aa6eg at hotmail.com (Pat Barthelow)
Date: Thu Feb 27 20:17:26 2003
>From: "Michael Tope" <W4EF@dellroy.com>
Can anyone recommend a source for good computer grade
>electrolytics? I just had one let go in the HV supply of a
>Henry 2K-D (miniature Mt. St. Helens). The specifcations
>are as follows:

Digikey, surprisingly, has a pretty wide choice of HV high value Capacitors.

Interestingly enough, our good old Drake amp P/S transformer just groaned
hard, no sparks or POWS!  while transmitting and popped the circuit
breaker..  I wonder what the most likely fault is...Capacitors, or
Diodes....hopefully not the transformer...
Must be the season...Dang,  just before the DX contest, too.
Pat  aa6eg@hotmail.com