[Amps] modern 811 designs?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] modern 811 designs?
From: danlevans at msn.com (Dan Evans K9ZF)
Date: Fri Apr 4 12:19:05 2003
Hi Folks,

Can anyone point out any good 811a amp designs on the web, or elsewhere?
I'm considering building an 811 based amp for a "beginner-amp-builder"
project.  Basically, I'm just looking for something fairly simple, and
cheap, I can build and learn from.  Besides, I probably have most of the
parts I need in the old junk box.

I am aware of a couple of designs on the ARRL's web site, but the newest one
there I've found is 40 years old, there is bound to be some newer designs
out there:-)

And please, no flames from the anti-CB crowd.  I have absolutely no interest
in 11 meters, or any illegal operations.

Thanks,
Dan
Dan Evans K9ZF
Scottsburg, IN 47170