[Amps] SB-200 HV meter problem

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] SB-200 HV meter problem
From: gmguerin at voyager.net (George & Marijke Guerin)
Date: Sat Apr 5 08:28:04 2003
Dear Sam, et. al.,
    The high voltage is read from a voltage divider R3 and R4 which go from
the high voltage wiring to ground.  The connection between R3 and R4 is
wired to terminal 11 on the meter switch.
    My first guess is one of the three resistors making up R3 has opened up.
R3 is made up of Three 4.7 MegaOhm resistors in series.  It may just be time
to replace those three resistors.  The other possibility is that R4 has
shorted to ground so both sides of the meter switch are to ground in the HV
position.  R4 is supposed to be 15KiloOhms.  Since there is over 2000 volts
HV, I would use three 2-watt resistors to replace the existing R3.
    Good luck,  73
George    K8GG