[Amps] QRO HF-2500DX

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] QRO HF-2500DX
From: wgr at adelphia.net (Bill Russell)
Date: Mon Apr 14 05:38:37 2003
Couple of questions concerning the QRO amp. I need a good amp capable of
running SSB and AM.
 From what I have read, this amp seems to be well built with a couple of
questions. The amp uses a 4 to 1 "transformer" in the output. I guess its
really a balun. Im not a big fan of baluns so Im a little hesitant about
this especially using the amp on AM. I wonder why QRO uses this balun.
Second question is can the 4CX800A/GU74b be considered a rugged enough tube
to handle AM service. And finally what is the overall opinion of this amp.
Thanks in advance,

Bill Russell
KC2IFR