[Amps] voltage doubler for 3 phase supply?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] voltage doubler for 3 phase supply?
From: DL1EJA at yahoo.de (Oliver Reinders, DL1EJA)
Date: Tue Apr 15 02:22:22 2003
Hi,

I'm not so experianced this 3 phase transformers and have the following
questions:

I have a 3 phase transformer which has on the secundar  3 coils of about
810VAC. If I take a normal diode bridge I will have Us=810V x squrt 2 x sqrt
3 = 1980V. Actually I'm looking for a voltage in the area close to 4000VDC
or at least closer to 2500VDC. Is there a methode to reach this goal?

I saw a drawing for a 1 phase transformer with 2 diodes and 2 C's to double
the voltage. One coil was conected between the C's and the other side of the
coil was connected to the diodes. The diodes were connectet in such a way
that the positive wave went to the upper C and the negative wave went to the
lower C. So you can use the formular Us= 810V x sqrt 2 x 2 = 2290V.

Does this methode work with 3 phases in the same way?

Thanks for your help in advance and hope to catch you on the band

Oliver, DL1EJA